Thursday 11 February 2016

Monarch Butterfly by Paige

Over Christmas we had Monarch butterflies arrive on our Swan Plants (milk weed). So I decided to photograph the stages that they went through. First the Monarch lays its eggs and lots of hungry caterpillars hatch out. It takes about four days to hatch out of the eggs. They ate all the leafs. After two weeks they turned into chrysalis. It took them ages to turn into butterfly. They came out and dried their wings and flew away. These are the photos that I took of what happened.
Monarch butterfly (1) from myles webb on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paige,
    I loved reading your very interesting blog post and I enjoyed looking at the photo's too. I to have several milk weed plants but I'm not sure why so far I haven't seen a single Monarch Butterfly near them! I live in Mount Maunganui and it has been very hot and dry here so I'm not sure if that might be why?
    From Paula J (Te Akau ki Papamoa School)

    ReplyDelete